.. the .NET framework is used by leading global organisations such as Microsoft, Toshiba, Canon, Nivea, Nestlé - with over 1800 customers globally.
Sitecore allows content managers and marketers to have full control over all aspects of their website from social integration to advanced personalisation, e-commerce and more.
100% .Net Web Application, ASP.Net, WebForms, User Controls, MVC, IIS
Database: MSSQL, Oracle, ...
Rich set of public APIs containing 1,300 classes and 5,000 methods
The Sitecore API is very powerful; you are able to query Sitecore items using various techniques, from Sitecore Fast Query (which are very similar to XPath) to Linq
Every Sitecore installation has at least three databases that are stored separately and have a predefined basic structure and individual content trees.
Presentation is designed per device type:
desktop, tablet, smartphone.
Defined in Sitecore (layout > Devices).
Usually one per device.
Defined in Sitecore (layout > Layouts) and realized as ASP.Net WebForms (*.aspx).
Define named regions ( placeholder keys ) of sublayouts or layouts to bind other sublayouts or renderings.
Define presentation areas and provide .Net functionality.
Defined in Sitecore (layout > Sublayouts) and realized as ASP.Net User Controls (*.ascx).
Define presentation areas.
Defined in Sitecore (layout > Renderings) and realized as xslt or Sitecore MVC renderings in .Net.
1. Sitecore is highly scalable, yet very easy to use
2. Built-in Analytics and Marketing modules, which allow real-time user experience personalization with GeoIP and pattern-based responses
3. Strong and customizable workflow processes for versioning, approvals, incremental publishing, notifications, and archiving
4. Multi-Site Deployment: The architecture enables you to manage and deploy an unlimited number of sites and share content, code, and processes across any of your sites
5. Control security access by role, user, and group, and secure content down to the component and element levels